If you’re experiencing slower than usual boot times & unresponsive programs on Windows 11/10 PC, use the Best Computer Tune Up Software (2023). With these Windows Optimizers, you can free up disk space, boost startup speed & optimize it in different ways to achieve the fastest and smoothest performance!
What Is A PC Cleaner?
Computer Cleanup Utilities are dedicated software, designed to enhance PC’s performance by optimizing it in different ways. It can perform a variety of desktop maintenance tasks:
- Declutter hard drives by clearing junk, caches, temp files, duplicates & other redundant data.
- Make your computer boot faster by managing startup items, updating drivers & more.
- Enjoy smoother performance by limiting unnecessary background processes, performing disk defragmentation, uninstalling problematic apps etc.
- Resolve common PC errors by fixing invalid registry entries, repairing disk issues & so on.
- Keep device security intact by providing protection against malware, spyware, trojan horse & other common vulnerabilities.
The Best PC Cleaner is the one that brings a blend of advanced RAM cleaning, optimization & security features, that identifies & fixes performance issues to boost overall performance & battery life.
Did You Know?
According to the Regional Research Reports, the Global Disk Cleanup Software Market size, which was valued at million USD by 2021, will substantially reach multi-million USD by 2030, at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2022-2030.
Why Do You Need A PC Cleaner Software?
Well, the main goal of computer cleaning is to free up storage space & improve computer’s functionality by eliminating pointless files, tasks & processes that gradually slow down the processing speed. But it’s worth noting that you can do much of what these paid & free PC speed up software do to your computer using Windows’s built-in system maintenance utilities. So, why would anyone consider using a PC cleaning program? Well, because performing all these cleaning & optimization tasks is time-consuming, so what’s really being sold with these dedicated tools is convenience.
So, what makes a PC cleanup program the best in the market? An ideal optimization software is the one that offers the following features:
|RAM Cleaner & Booster||Game Booster|| |
Duplicate Files Remover
|Junk File Cleaner||Software Updater|| |
|Cache Cleaner||Driver Updater||App Uninstaller|
|Disk Cleaner & Optimizer||Registry Cleaner & Optimizer|| |
System Protector & Scheduler
Besides this, having some security tools like File Shredder, Password Protector, Ability To Encrypt Folders etc. is an added bonus in an ideal computer cleaning utility. To know more about each module mentioned above, CLICK HERE!
PRO TIP: How To Choose The Best Windows 11 Optimizer?
To choose the best system optimizer for Windows 11, you need to consider the following factors:
- If you’re a casual user, you may prefer an all-in-one tune-up program that scans everything at once and performs necessary changes to achieve peak performance.
- Whereas, tech-savvy computer users may prefer a utility that allows custom scans, select which optimization actions to take, and get an overview of the overall PC’s health.
- Price is another crucial factor. Some developers offer free PC cleaners for Windows 11 with basic utilities, while others offer more comprehensive solutions with subscriptions. If you choose the latter package, you can take advantage of advanced features like file shredders, password protectors, tools to clean hidden privacy-exposing traces, real-time updates to purge redundant data, and more.
List of Best Software To Clean & Optimize Your Windows 11/10 PC (2023)
Nowadays, a wide range of tools are available in the market that helps in maintaining your computer’s speed and stability for a long duration. Listed below are some of the best options:
Comparing Top Computer Speed-Up Utilities In 2023
|Top Computer Cleaners (2023)||Our Ratings||Windows Support||Features||Price|
|Advanced System Optimizer||Windows 11, 10, 8.1 & 8|| ||$49.95 for 1 Year|
|IObit Advanced SystemCare||Windows 11, 10, 8 & 7|| ||$19.99/Year|
|Advanced PC Cleanup||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$39.95/Year|
|Iolo System Mechanic||Windows 11, 10, 8.1 & 8|| ||$49.95 for 1 Year|
|CCleaner Pro||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$29.95/Year|
|CleanMyPC||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$39.95/Year|
|Restoro||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$27.95/Year|
|AVG TuneUp||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$29.99/Year|
|Glary Utilities Pro 5||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$19.97/Year|
|Ashampoo WinOptimizer||Windows 11, 10 & 8|| ||$49.99/Year|
1. Advanced System Optimizer
Price: Advanced System Optimizer is now available for just $49.95 for 1 Year. It also offers a free trial version for 24 hours, which helps users to try all the premium functionalities.
Advanced System Optimizer is an excellent tune-up utility toclean, optimize & protect Windows 11, 10, 8 PC. It offers a robust set of modules to perform comprehensive cleaning, improve computer and processing speed and protect online privacy.
It has minimal to zero impact on the system resources and is known for enhancing startup time in a few clicks. You will also enjoy excellent gaming performance with its Game Booster module.
- Smart PC Care, one-click cleaning module.
- Repair common Windows registry issues.
- Best software to clean PC with junk files remover.
- Scan & update outdated drivers.
- Uninstall old, large, useless Windows apps.
- Wipe browsing history, caches, cookies & hidden traces.
- Strategically optimize disk to boost computer speed & load time.
- Identify & remove threats like malware, trojan, spyware & other viruses.
- Permanently shred sensitive and confidential files, making them unrecoverable.
Verdict: To use this best PC cleaning software, you can use its One-click maintenance module. It will help to free up disk space, optimize the registry, eliminate potential viruses, perform disk defragmentation, and more in one go.
Review: Improve Windows Performance With Advanced System Optimizer
2. IObit Advanced SystemCare
Price: Advanced SystemCare by IObit offers both free and paid versions. The full edition can be utilized at just $19.99.
Advanced SystemCare by IObit, comes loaded with several PC performance-enhancing toolsto free up disk space, speed up Windows PC andprotect online privacyin a couple of clicks.
Unlike other computer file cleaners, it comes with AI-powered scanning that intelligently smartly diagnoses your computer & automatically cleans RAM to boost pc up to 200% faster.
- Best software to clean PC & improve boot time.
- Registry Repairing to fix broken registry fragments.
- Privacy Sweeping to wipe browsing traces.
- This PC repair & optimizer also improves Internet speed.
- Driver Updater to replace faulty drivers.
- Protect from spyware threats.
Verdict: Advanced SystemCare has a sleek interface, suitable for both novice & pro computer users. This best PC cleaning software comes with a scheduler to clean & speed up Windows PC. This Windows 10 Optimizer provides real-time protection against malware & viruses.
Review: IObit Advanced SystemCare PRO
3. Advanced PC Cleanup
Price: Advanced PC Cleanup offers a free scan-only version and you can upgrade it to the full version at $39.95/Year.
Advanced PC Cleanup is a comprehensive Windows Optimizer to clean junk files, uninstall unwanted apps in bulk, and fix invalid registry entries totune up your PC.It supports managing startup items & eliminating all the old download files, recycle bin data, temp files, and more.
This best PC cleaning software, provides solid protection against common viruses, trojans, adware, and spyware infections, making it one of the best Windows 11/10 optimizers & security software.
- Get a system summary with this Windows 10 Optimizer.
- This PC repair & optimizer has a ‘One-click cleaning’.
- Remove old downloads and residues from apps.
- Solid identity and malware protection.
- Fixes invalid registry entries.
- Performs deep scan to optimize PC.
Verdict: It’s one of the best software to clean PC, as it comes equipped with an effective junk file cleaner, temp file remover & other optimization modules. With this Windows 10 Optimizer, you can enjoy a money-back guarantee for 60 days.
Review: Advanced PC Cleanup – Windows PC Cleaner Review
4. Iolo System Mechanic
Price: This PC repair & optimizer tool offers no free version. You can only install it for free of cost, but you need to activate the product to access its features. Receive complete tune-up for 1 year at just $49.95. The professional version is available at $69.95 and its Ultimate Defense edition costs around $79.95.
Iolo System Mechanic is the best PC optimizer for Windows 11/10 PC that helps clean junk, fixes frustrating errors, and restore maximum speed, power & stability. While we were using this cache cleaner, with deep scanning, it fixed over 1965 issues. This Windows 10 Optimizer also removes bloatware and protects your privacy by multi-pass military-grade wiping.
We considered keeping the Active Care option enabled, so the computer gets scanned regularly, ensuring peak performance. This Best PC optimizer also helps to secure open router ports, and connected home devices are undoubtedly a treat for users.
- Clean system clutter and junk files.
- Find & remove logs or temporary files.
- Update critical device drivers.
- Securely manage passwords.
- Find and destroy existing malware.
- This PC repair & optimizer tool fixes broken Internet connections.
Verdict: System Mechanic is an intelligent cache cleaner to remove useless system clutter. The free PC cleaner for Windows 10 includes lots of features related to performance improvements, while the Pro edition consists of features related to security & privacy.
Review: Iolo System Mechanic Review: Is It Any Good? (2022)
5. CCleaner Pro
Price: CCleaner offers multiple editions: Free version, Professional – $29.95/Year, Professional Plus for 1 Year – $34.95 & for 2 Years – $59.95 for up to 3 devices.
CCleaner by Piriform is one of the best system optimizers, equipped with excellent cleaning & optimization tools to securely wipe hard drives & tackle multiple types of PC issues without much effort.
It comes with an effective Performance Optimizer feature that claims to offer 34% more speed & 30% more battery life. Apparently, the patent feature freezes all theunnecessary background processesand gives your computer a significant boost.
- PC Health Check automatically analyzes & fixes common issues.
- Offers 1-click updates for all the installed software.
- Update obsolete drivers in a few clicks.
- Clean up junk files, temporary files & redundant data.
- Fixes broken and invalid registry items.
- Speed up boot time by disabling unneeded programs.
- Effective duplicate file finder and remover.
Verdict: This free PC cleaner for Windows 10 is a fantastic device optimization program that helps in diagnosing, tuning, fixing, and cleaning your computer thoroughly as and when required.
Price: CleanMyPC offers multiple licenses: For 1 PC – $39.95/Year, For 2 PCs – $59.95/Year, and For 5 PCs – $89.95. The Windows cleaning application is available for one-time purchase as well – For 1 PC – $89.95, For 2 PCs – $134.95, and for 3 PCs – $199.95.
includes a decent bunch of optimization tools, such as Computer cleanup, Uninstaller, Registry optimizer, Startup manager, File shredder, Browser extensions manager & more.During our tests, it quickly identified dozens of files taking up space on the PC.
This best pc cleaning software provides additional tools like Uninstaller & Autorun Manager are pretty handy and leave no traces of unnecessary apps after uninstallation.
- Best PC optimizer with Hibernation mode.
- Junk & cache cleaner to wipe irrelevant data.
- Browser extensions manager.
- Best software to clean PC & uninstall programs.
- Manage Auto-run applications to improve boot time.
- Data Shredder to remove sensitive files permanently.
Verdict: The PC cleaner software offers an all-in-one approach to performing routine maintenance tasks. With CleanMyPC, you can perform a variety of device maintenance tasks from clearing up storage space and improving boot time to fixing registry entries
Review: Is MacPaw CleanMyPC Legit?
Price: Restoro is available in three editions – Basic = $27.95 for One-time use, Premium = $41.95 for 1 Year (Single license), and Extended = $58.95 for 1 Year (3 Licenses)
Restoro is a top Windows 10/11 cleaner that dedicatedly helps to repair and rebuild the Windows Operating System and perform all the necessary optimization tasks to boost speed & performance.
It holds the potential to automatically detect and replace damaged Windows system files with secure ones from its 25,000,000-file database. This PC Cleaner Software accurately identifies websites that pose security threats and remove adware, spyware, browser hijackers, etc.
- Provides a summary of the system status.
- Find & remove junk files.
- Rebuild and repair Windows OS.
- Virus detection removal and repair.
- Best software to clean PC & optimize Registry.
- This PC repair & optimizer tool restores missing DLL files.
- Prevents crashes and freezes.
Verdict: Restoro is the best PC tune-up software for pro computer users who execute heavy tasks like computer-aided design, machine learning, and video editing on their devices.
8. AVG TuneUp
Price: This PC cleaner software costs $29.99 per device for 1 year. To access the Pro features, you need to sign up for annual billing, priced at $34.99 for up to 10 devices.
AVG TuneUp is one of the best PC tune-up software that helps users to deeply clean up, speed up and eliminate potential security risks in a couple of clicks. Besides regular system cleaning, it offers a Sleep Mode that boosts your PC performance while your PC is idle.
Their automatic and scheduled scanning for routine maintenance works amazingly well to enhance overall PC speed. AVG TuneUp also helps to update drivers, perform hard drive defragmentation, permanently delete sensitive files, and so on.
- Best PC optimizer to perform automatic maintenance.
- Sleep Mode to freeze unneeded apps
- Software Updater to get the latest versions of installed apps.
- This PC repair & optimizer cleans hidden Junk & Temp files.
- Remove duplicate files to recover space.
- Startup Manager to disable irrelevant auto-run apps.
Verdict: AVG TuneUp’s intuitive dashboard makes it an excellent choice for novice users. and we personally love its Economy mode the most that helps to balance power & work effectively & efficiently.
9. Glary Utilities Pro 5
Price: This PC cleaner software offers both free and paid editions. Its yearly subscription costs $19.97 for up to three PCs and there’s a 90-day money-back guarantee too.
Glary Utilities’ computer cleaner, is known for restoring your computer to peak performance with more than 20 tools for thorough cleaning and optimization. It’s one of the best free PC cleaners on the market and comes with a lot of tools to resolve common computer issues.
This free PC cleaner for Windows 10 offers an effective set of security tools like a file shredder, and the ability to encrypt, and decrypt files. You can even set the file to self-destruct if the wrong password is entered thrice.
- One-Click system maintenance module.
- Turn on deep clean & fix common issues.
- Helps in making Windows boot faster.
- Tools to protect digital privacy.
- Best PC optimizer with solid Disk repairing tools.
- File Encryptor to add passwords to important files.
- Helps in updating to the latest OS.
Verdict: Glary Utilities is one of the best PC tune-up software, that offers a perfect blend of optimization and management tools. It supports managing your files, programs, drivers, etc. It also releases automatic updates to enhance the overall user experience.
Review: Glary Utilities 5 Review
10. Ashampoo WinOptimizer
Price: The free trial version of Ashampoo is available for 40 days and you can upgrade to the paid version, priced at $49.99.
Ashampoo WinOptimizer offers tons of system-maintenance tools to perform automatic cleaning, fix invalid shortcuts, boost gaming performance, delete temporary files, close background services, and more.
This best PC tune-up software features an Automatic tab for auto-cleaning, live monitoring, and game optimizationso that you have a smoother and lag-free experience than ever.
- One-Click Optimizer to clean PC easily.
- Internet Cleaner to wipe browsing traces.
- Drive Cleaner to clean redundant files.
- Uninstaller, to get rid of outdated & large apps.
- Useful Context Menu Editor to manage right-click menus.
- Manage Windows Services & Processes that take up space.
Verdict: Unlike other popular free PC cleaner software for Windows 11, Ashampoo WinOptimizer offers an extensive analytical capability to perform hard disk benchmarks to determine system, processor, and HDD performance.
Review: Ashampoo WinOptimizer Review
Advanced System Optimizer, Iolo System Mechanic & Advanced PC Cleanup are our top recommendations for cleaning and optimizing computers. All of them offer both free and paid versions. Hence, you can try them before investing in the same!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, YouTube, Flipboard, Instagram.
Research & Writing Process:
- It took us more than 28 hours to research and write this blog post, so that users can decide which one is the best PC optimization program for them.
- During our research, we tested, compared & reviewed more than 22 utilities and among them, we’ve chosen these top 10 choices for you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What is the Best System Cleaner for a PC?
Advanced System Optimizer is certainly one of the best cleaners for Windows 10/11 to use in 2023. It offers a robust set of modules to perform comprehensive cleaning, improve computer and processing speed and protect online privacy.
Q2. Do PC System Cleaners Work?
Yes! PC cleanup utilities make your life easier by performing numerous maintenance tasks that may consume a lot of time when performed manually. Here are the benefits of having the best PC tune-up software on Windows 11/10 PC:
- Faster boot-up time
- Programs launch instantaneously
- Say goodbye to freezes and lags
- Enjoy increased storage space
Q3. Does Windows 10 Have an Optimizer?
Yes! Windows 10 comes with a Disk Cleanup utility that allows comprehensive cleaning in a single click.
Q4. How do I Optimize My Computer for the Best Performance?
There are multiple ways to optimize a computer manually:
- Remove duplicates.
- Clean caches & cookies.
- Uninstall old & large apps.
- Save backups on the cloud.
- Reduce desktop clutter.
Q5. Is CCleaner Good for Windows 11?
Yes! CCleaner is one of the best system optimizers, equipped with excellent cleaning & optimization tools to securely wipe hard drives & tackle multiple types of PC issues without much effort.
People Who Read This Post Also Like
How To Fix Your Activation Key Not Working In Windows 11
10 Best Cooling Apps For Android You Must Use
How To Fix “This Message Cannot Be displayed” On iOS
Tags: advanced pc cleanupAdvanced System Optimizer
Is there a better cleaner than CCleaner? ›
Avast Cleanup is the best value CCleaner alternative for checking registry files and optimizing system performance. The software has advanced features such as automatic app updates, disk defrag, and bloatware removal.What is the best PC cleaner for Windows 10? ›
- CCleaner Professional.
- IObit Advanced SystemCare 14 Pro.
- Ashampoo WinOptimizer 19.
- AVG TuneUp.
- Norton Utilities Ultimate.
- MacPaw CleanMyPC.
- Our Top Picks.
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
- Norton 360 With LifeLock.
- Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac.
- McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- Trend Micro Antivirus+ Security.
- See More (3)
Microsoft Defender Antivirus is free and is included in Windows, always on and always working to protect your PC against malware.Which tool is recommended for cleaning a PC? ›
Cloth - A cotton cloth is the best tool used when rubbing down computer components. Paper towels can be used with most hardware, but we always recommend using a cloth whenever possible. However, only use a cloth when cleaning components such as the case, a drive, mouse, and keyboard.What is the most trusted cleaning app? ›
- 360 Cleaner – Speed Booster & Cleaner Free. ...
- Ace Cleaner. ...
- Norton Clean, Junk Removal. ...
- Go Speed. ...
- Powerful Cleaner (Boost & Speed) ...
- Fast Cleaner – Speed Booster & Cleaner. ...
- 1 Tap Cleaner (Clear Cache and History Log) ...
- Easy Clean. Last on the list of cleaning apps for android devices is the Easy Clean app.
No, it is not advisable to use thir-party apps like CCleaner, it may contain malware or adwares, I highly suggest for you to uninstall that instead. If you want to clean your computer you can use disk cleanup which is a built in cleaner in Windows computer. Visit this link on how to perform disk cleanup.What is the most effective cleaner? ›
Clorox Disinfecting Bleach
As the most powerful disinfectant and stain remover, use it to sanitize surfaces and linens. Just know that it is so powerful it can mess things up, so use bleach wisely.
Description. Real Cleaner is the leading application for cleaning and freeing up disk space on Windows 10. It also provides a large files finder and a duplicate files finder to help you free up more space.Does cleaning PC make it run better? ›
Cleaning your PC frees up storage space so that you can install more programs or save pictures, sound files and movies. Clean your computer at least once per month for the best possible results. If you have not cleaned your PC in a while, you will be surprised to notice how much faster it runs.
How do I optimize my computer for better performance? ›
- 1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers. ...
- Restart your PC and open only the apps you need. ...
- Use ReadyBoost to help improve performance. ...
- 4. Make sure the system is managing the page file size. ...
- Check for low disk space and free up space.
- #1) Restoro PC Repair Tool.
- #2) Outbyte PC Repair.
- #3) System Mechanic.
- #4) TotalAV.
- #5) CCleaner.
- #6) Advanced SystemCare.
- #7) Ashampoo® WinOptimizer.
- #8) O&O CleverCache.
They are helpful in cleaning up your PC and performing minor tweaks to speed your system. However, only free PC optimizers from legitimate and licensed software companies are safe, so exercise caution when downloading a free application online.Does Windows have a built in Optimizer? ›
Microsoft Drive Optimizer (formerly Disk Defragmenter) is a utility in Microsoft Windows designed to increase data access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, a technique called defragmentation.What do professional detailers use to clean Windows? ›
Microfiber offers maximum results
However, microfiber towels are often the most commonly preferred cloth at professional carwashes when tackling glass cleaning. “Another way to [effectively clean glass] is by using a high-quality microfiber towel. The towel should be left with some moisture,” advises Silver.
Mix one part distilled vinegar to 10 parts warm water in a spray bottle. Wipe down the window with a a soft, clean, lint-free microfiber cloth or paper towel to remove dust before you spray your solution, then spray the entire surface.Does Windows 10 have something like CCleaner? ›
Microsoft's PC Manager is like CCleaner for your computer.Which antivirus is worth buying? ›
|Antivirus||Starting Price||Money-Back Guarantee|
|1.🥇Norton||$19.99 / year||60-days|
|2.🥈Bitdefender||$23.99 / year||30-days|
|3.🥉 McAfee||$39.99 / year||30-days|
|4. TotalAV||$19.00 / year||30-days|
- 9 NIMDA. ...
- 8 SQL SLAMMER. ...
- 6 SIRCAM. ...
- 5 MELISSA. ...
- 4 CODE RED. ...
- 3 CONFLICKER. ...
- 2 SOBIG. Sobig appeared in 2003 as another worm, just like Mydoom. ...
- 1 MYDOOM. The Mydoom outbreak is the worst virus attack ever to happen.
1. Norton 360 Antivirus – best antivirus software for Windows 10. After Norton merged with Avast, they formed a super-cybersecurity company. With the combined experience and expertise, Norton 360 is the best antivirus service for Windows 10, offering excellent protection from viruses and other online threats.
What are the most trusted anti virus? ›
- #1 Bitdefender.
- #2 Norton.
- #3 Kaspersky.
- #4 ESET.
- #5 Webroot.
- #5 Avast.
- #5 McAfee.
- #5 Trend Micro.
Of the antivirus programs we tested, the lightest one is ESET Smart Security Premium which slowed our test laptop down by about 12% during active scans. ESET is also one of our picks for the best antivirus software overall.How do professionals clean computers? ›
- Wipe down your computer. ...
- Clean Your keyboard. ...
- Blow dust buildup out of computer vents, fans and accessories. ...
- Run check disk tool. ...
- Check surge protector. ...
- Keep PC ventilated. ...
- Back up your hard drives. ...
- Get antivirus software to protect from malware.
As a rough guide, give your computer a clean every 3 to 6 months. Computers kept on the floor will need to be cleaned more often, as this low placement allows dust and dirt to creep in more easily. Our advice is to clean your computer now, then again in about 3-4 months.Do and don'ts in cleaning computer? ›
Dos & Don'ts
DO turn off and unplug your laptop, keyboard, and monitor before cleaning. DON'T use Windex or glass cleaner – your screen isn't a window. Also, glass cleaners don't kill germs. DON'T use paper towels or other abrasive materials.
Android users might want to think twice before downloading free apps to clean their mobile phones and “protect” them from viruses – because many of them contain data trackers and some even appear to have links to potentially malicious domains, according to the Cybernews research team.What is deep cleaner app? ›
Deep Cleaner is a professional cleaning app, including junk cleaner, phone booster, battery saver, cpu cooler, applications manager for Android system, which are all combined in simply one tap in this smart cleaner app. Time to make your phone a safe environment!Did CCleaner get hacked? ›
CCleaner, the popular file clean-up and performance optimization utility for Windows, has been hacked to spread malware to users of the 32-bit version. The breach was discovered by security researchers at Cisco Talos Group.What is better than CCleaner free? ›
Wise Disk Cleaner vs CCleaner opinions
Most users think Wise Disk Cleaner is a great alternative to CCleaner.
Moreover, most reviews posted on the CCleaner platform over the last 1 year reflect that the tool is safe to rely on. The situation has fairly brightened up for CCleaner recently. With no negative reports being bagged from the past one-year, the tool seems to have started living up to the 13 years of solid reputation.
What is the simplest cleaner for all? ›
- WATER: Water is the simplest cleaning agent and some form of dirt will be dissolved by it, but. ...
- DETERGENT: Detergents are those cleaning agents, which contain significant quantities of a group of. ...
- ABRASIVES. ...
- DEGREASING AGENTS. ...
- ACIDS AND TOILET CLEANSERS. ...
There are so many cleaning supplies on the market, but all formulas ultimately fall into one of four distinct categories: detergents, degreasers, abrasives, and acids.Is it worth getting Windows cleaned? ›
Not only will regular cleaning and maintenance help keep windows looking great for years to come, but avoiding dirty windows can also help prevent window damage, protect indoor air quality and maintain your home's energy efficiency levels. We recommend cleaning windows every one or two months for optimal performance.Does Windows 10 have a PC cleaner? ›
Windows 10 and 11 include a pair of similar tools for clearing out old temporary files from your disk, meaning you don't need a dedicated Windows cleaner app. They're a great first stop on your Windows cleanup journey.How can I deep clean my PC? ›
- Perform a disk cleanup. ...
- Use a specialized cleanup app. ...
- Delete huge files to free up space on your hard drive. ...
- Uninstall applications you don't need. ...
- Use CHKDSK to test your hard drive's integrity and health. ...
- Use cloud or external storage if you're running out of local space.
It's a best practice to clean out your PC hardware every 6-to-12 months, but this can vary depending on how dusty your working area is.What happens if you don't clean your PC for a year? ›
So, what happens if you don't clean your PC for a year? The build-up of dust from a year can cause overheating because it clogs up the filters and fans. The negative effects of your computer overheating include your computer crashing, a shorter life span for your PC, and potential data loss.How do I speed up my PC performance for free? ›
- 1 Disabling Startup Programs.
- 2 Enable Fast Startup in Windows 10.
- 3 Turning Off Visual Effects.
- 4 Cleaning Up Your Hard Drive.
- 5 Uninstalling Unnecessary Programs.
Yes, PC cleaning software is safe to use.Can CCleaner be trusted? ›
We take pride in the fact that CCleaner is the world's most popular optimization tool, and deliver regular updates to add improvements, and ensure it stays secure. Although CCleaner is not an antivirus or malware-detection tool, we are part of Avast, a global leader in cybersecurity.
Is PC Cleaner legit? ›
PC Cleaner is spyware that acts as if it's going to rid your computer of a spyware infection.